- Financial and Accounting Fraud. Fraudulent activity can carry steep penalties, including large fines and prison time. Those accused of financial fraud may also be liable to pay damages to the individual or company that they manipulated. Our team can defend accountants and other financial agents accused of misconduct.
- Forgery, Uttering, and Counterfeiting. Depending on the scope and severity of the offense, a forgery or counterfeiting charge can lead to a sentence of incarceration. We can work to aggressively defend you if you face these serious charges.
- Healthcare and Insurance Fraud. Intentionally filing false insurance claims can be charged as a felony in Massachusetts. Depending on the type of fraud, a conviction can result in a prison sentence along with substantial fines. Our team can assist in your defense when accused of committing any type of insurance or healthcare fraud.
- Intellectual Property Crimes. Large corporate entities will often aggressively pursue what it perceives to be intellectual property violations. This can lead to a parallel criminal prosecution by the government in which an individual could be fined or imprisoned if convicted. Our firm is prepared to go up against large businesses and defend your rights.
- Securities Fraud. The securities industry is heavily regulated, and convictions involving securities fraud can result in multi-million dollar fines and many incarceration. Gelb & Gelb LLP defends clients facing insider trading, market manipulation, churning, embezzlement, or any other type of securities crime.
- Tax Crimes and Fraud. Tax evasion and fraud can lead to devastating fines and multiple years in prison. Our team can work to protect you if you face criminal charges.
Call our Boston criminal defense attorneys at (877) 867-0034 or contact us online to schedule a consultation today. We are committed to protecting your freedom.
General Criminal Defense Attorneys in Boston
Our Beverly criminal defense lawyers can defend you in cases involving:
- Academic and Student Misconduct. Our firm represents students and teachers accused of sexual assault (Title IX), stalking and harassment, as well as academic integrity allegations of plagiarism and cheating.. We have extensive knowledge of how academic conflicts are adjudicated, the intricacies of student handbooks, and we work hard to protect your academic standing or professional career.
- Assault and Battery. Even a brief, offensive touch can trigger an assault and battery charge in Massachusetts. Under certain circumstances, an assault and battery can be charged as a felony depending on the alleged victim and nature of the assault reported. Our team can help you assess the facts of your case, the evidence produced by the prosecution, and whether you have a legal defense such as consent, duress, necessity, or self-defense.
- Domestic Violence. Domestic violence charges are especially challenging to navigate, as prosecutors typically evaluate domestic violence cases differently than other criminal offenses. Our firm is familiar with the Massachusetts-specific rules governing domestic violence cases and can defend you.
- Driving or Operating Under the Influence (OUI). A single OUI offense can result in suspension of your driver’s license, hefty fines, and maybe even a jail sentence in certain situations. Penalties are harsher for repeat offenses or scenarios involving bodily injury or fatalities, child passengers or underage drivers. We will work to protect your interests and evaluate any constitutional and legal challenges you may have to determine the best approach to your defense.. to protect your interests.
- Drug and Narcotics Crimes. Although medical and recreational cannabis use is legal in Massachusetts, there are many other drugs that remain illegal, and prosecutors continue enforce possession, distribution, and trafficking laws. You can face even harsher sentences for repeat offenses or if you are accused of selling to minors. Our team is familiar with how these cases are prosecuted, and identify any constitutional arguments you may have to challenge the search and seizure of contraband.
- Firearms and Weapons Offenses. Massachusetts vigorously enforces its firearms laws. If you have been accused of a firearm or weapons violation, our firm is prepared to provide a vigorous defense.
- Restraining Order Applications and Violations. We can work to defend you if you become the subject of a estraining order and need to challenge it in court.. We can also assist you if you have been accused of violating an existing restraining order, which typically results in an arrest.
Our Beverly criminal defense attorneys at Gelb & Gelb LLP are committed to protecting your freedom. Call (877) 867-0034 or contact us online to schedule a consultation today.
Contact Our Beverly Criminal Defense Lawyers Today
At Gelb & Gelb LLP, our criminal defense attorneys are proud to serve clients in Beverly and the surrounding areas. We understand that facing criminal charges can be a stressful experience, which is why we offer personalized legal services tailored to each of our clients’ individual needs. Our team of experienced professionals will work hard to ensure that your rights are fully protected throughout the entirety of the criminal justice process.
If you or a loved one is facing criminal charges in Beverly, contact our office today to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Beverly criminal defense attorney. We are available for consultations, and we look forward to helping you navigate this difficult legal journey.