Beverly Securities Litigation Attorneys
Knowledgeable Legal Assistance in Boston & Beyond
Securities conflicts are often delicate, highly sensitive affairs that can result in significant financial loss or severe reputational damage if mishandled. Effectively adjudicating these matters involves a deep understanding of the complex regulatory laws.
Our Beverly securities litigation lawyers at Gelb & Gelb LLP have over 3 decades of legal experience and can give your company the support and guidance it needs in resolving these challenging conflicts. Our firm has tried these cases in state and federal courts as well as arbitration. We will advocate for your position every step of the way and do everything possible to deliver the results that you need.
Our Securities Litigation Services
We have a track record of helping individual business owners and companies navigate multifaceted securities disputes. In addition to formal litigation, we can explore alternative resolution options, including reaching settlements through arbitration and mediation or conciliation. Our firm can also facilitate a working relationship with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority and run private company mediations.
Our Beverly securities litigation attorneys at Gelb & Gelb LLP can assist you with matters involving:
- Accountants’ Liability. If your critical financial documents are improperly prepared, you can face often avoidable audits or even greater consequences. Your accountant is responsible for delivering these documents without misstatements, errors, or discrepancies. If an accountant fails to fulfill this duty, there may be liability for any damages your company incurs as a result. These cases can be especially complex, as accountants often purchase professional liability insurance to protect themselves in such scenarios. Our team can help you pursue appropriate legal action and recover damages.
- Broker-Dealer Liability. Broker-dealers can be held liable if they fail to exercise good judgment and reasonable supervisory procedures, including investigating and following up on potential red flags. They can also potentially be found responsible for damages stemming from negligence, unsuitability, and misrepresentation. We can represent broker-dealers who have been accused of these violations. We can also help individuals and companies recover damages if they have been injured as a result of the actions of their broker-dealer.
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability. Directors and officers of a company have a fiduciary duty to the company’s stakeholders. Even when they act in what they believe to be the best interests of the business, dissatisfied stakeholders will sometimes choose to pursue legal action against individual leaders. Our firm can represent you if you face legal action as a result of your company leadership position. We will review the facts of the case as well as the corporate governance laws in order to build a robust defense.
- Disputes Involving the Purchase or Sale of Securities. Any transaction involving securities can be a high-stakes affair with significant financial implications. When conflicts occur, our team can work with you to achieve a favorable outcome and protect your best interests. We are familiar with all types of securities transactions.
- Financial Planner Liability. When you retain a financial planner, that person has a fiduciary responsibility to act in your best interest. If a financial planner violates that obligation or engages in regulatory non-compliant behavior, your financial health can be placed in jeopardy. Our team can assist you in pursuing damages for breaches of fiduciary duty, regulatory noncompliance, and more.
- Insurance Agent Liability. Should your business suffer an incident covered by one of your insurance policies, you rightfully expect that you will be fairly compensated under the policy’s terms. However, if you discover your insurance agent has failed to procure the necessary coverage, your business can be left in a vulnerable position. Our firm can work to protect your company from loss when your insurance agent fails to uphold their responsibilities.
- Investment Adviser Liability. Should your business suffer an incident covered by one of your insurance policies, you rightfully expect that you will be fairly compensated under the policy’s terms. However, if you discover your insurance agent has failed to procure the necessary coverage, your business can be left in a vulnerable position. Our firm can work to protect your company from loss when your insurance agent fails to uphold the responsibilities involved.
- Securities and Investment Fraud. Fraudulent activity involving securities can take many forms and be extremely damaging, embarrassing, and legally complex. We regularly assist companies and individuals who have suffered damages as a result of securities fraud. Our team also represents those who have been accused of fraudulent activity.