- Family Business Disputes. Smaller, family-run businesses can experience unique conflicts that require an especially tailored and nuanced legal approach. Many family-owned companies struggle with issues of succession when someone suddenly resigns or passes away. Our firm can help you proactively create robust exit strategies and resolve issues of succession.
- Partnership and Joint Venture Disputes. Disputes can quickly threaten to overwhelm partnerships or joint ventures. Personal issues and disagreements over the direction of the business can cause significant disruptions. Our firm is experienced in managing and resolving these delicate disputes. We can review the terms of the partnership or joint venture agreement and explore all available legal solutions, including the potential removal of a partner.
- Restrictive Covenant and Non-Compete Agreements. Restrictive covenant agreements, including non-compete provisions, can be used to avoid situations where employees take sensitive company information to a competitor. Massachusetts courts place these agreements under a heavy amount of scrutiny, so it is important to ensure the agreements’ terms are enforceable in scope. We can assist you with the enforcement of these agreements or defend your business if you become involved in related litigation.
- Trade Secret Litigation. Your company’s trade secrets and intellectual property are a large part of what makes it competitive. The unlawful exploitation or publication of these secrets can cause lasting harm to your business. Should those secrets be stolen or abused, our team can help you enforce your rights and recover damages through litigation.
Beverly Business Litigation Attorneys
Litigation Services for Businesses in Beverly, Boston, Massachusetts & New York
Conflicts and disputes are sometimes unavoidable when running a business. When your company suffers damages or is accused of harming another person or entity, you need capable legal representation that will do everything possible to protect your interests.
Our Beverly business litigation lawyers at Gelb & Gelb LLP have over 34 years of experience representing business clients throughout the United States. We have counseled clients in thousands of cases and have a complete understanding of how business conflicts are adjudicated. When you meet with our team, we will work to understand your goals and identify the strategies most conducive to achieving them.
Our Business Litigation Services
Our firm represents both plaintiffs and defendants in business litigation and arbitration. We have state and federal courtroom experience and can also help negotiate settlements through mediation and conciliation. In addition, our team regularly works with the American Arbitration Association to resolve conflicts without going to court.
Our Beverly business litigation attorneys can assist you with cases involving:
- Breaches of Contract. Legally enforceable agreements are meant to protect everyone’s interests in a business transaction or relationship. When another entity fails to live up to its contracted obligations, it can cause significant financial and reputational damage to your business. Our team can help you explore contract enforcement options as well as litigation and negotiation solutions should you need to engage in recovering damages.
- Breaches of Fiduciary Duties. Corporate directors, partners, employees, and other company agents all have a fiduciary obligation to the business that employs them. When agents abuse their position to benefit themselves, they breach their fiduciary responsibility and can cause lasting harm to the company. We can assist you in seeking damages when your business suffers due to breaches of fiduciary duties. Our team can also defend you should you be accused of violating your fiduciary responsibilities.
- Business Torts. When another party acts in bad faith and harms your business, your company may deserve compensation for its losses. We can work to hold offending parties accountable. If you or your business has been accused of a business tort, we can provide vigorous legal defense.
- Corporate Raiding and Lift-Outs. When a competitor moves to poach an excessive number of your employees, you risk the dissemination of proprietary institutional knowledge and critical trade secrets. We can help you explore your legal options and move to recover damages should your company be materially harmed by the raiding effort.