Representing Clients in Massachusetts & New York
Individuals and businesses who become involved in legal disputes require counsel with the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to advocate effectively for them. Gelb & Gelb LLP since its founding in 1987 has built a strong reputation for its vigorous and cost-effective representation of its clients in civil litigation, criminal defense, regulatory proceedings, and student misconduct cases. Gelb & Gelb LLP is experienced in handling cases involving complex factual and legal issues, many of which require managing voluminous documents and electronically stored information.
An Experienced Litigation Team
Gelb & Gelb LLP is a boutique law firm composed of skilled and aggressive trial lawyers. We regularly litigate complex matters against large corporations represented by large law firms, as well as defend clients in criminal prosecutions and regulatory enforcement proceedings initiated by state and federal governmental agencies. We are adept at investigating facts, analyzing legal issues, preparing pleadings, arguing motions, conducting depositions, and trying cases.
Gelb & Gelb LLP has represented numerous clients who are parties to civil litigation, criminal prosecutions, regulatory proceedings and student misconduct hearings. Our attorneys have tried over 150 cases combined, and have developed the knowledge and skills necessary to forumulate a cost effective strategy for clients.
Our areas of practice include:
- Business Litigation. We work with both individuals and companies in various cases, including breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duties, intentional torts, restrictive covenant agreements, and shareholder and partnership disputes.
- Securities Litigation. Our team represents clients who are parties to sensitive and high-stakes securities matters, including clients in financial services such as registered representatives of broker-dealers, registered agents of investment advisers, insurance agents, accountants, and corporate directors and officers.
- Criminal Defense. Gelb & Gelb LLP defends clients against criminal charges in both state and federal court. Gelb & Gelb LLP represents clients prosecuted for both white-collar criminal offenses (including securities fraud, bank fraud, mail and wire fraud, tax evasion, and intellectual property theft), and general criminal offenses (including violent crimes, firearms offenses, drug charges, operating under the influence (OUI), and sexual assault).
- Regulatory Proceedings. Our team regularly represents individuals and businesses before state and federal administrative and regulatory agencies in various matters (including financial services and health care).
- Student & Academic Misconduct. Gelb & Gelb LLP represents both students and teachers defending allegations of misconduct and academic disciplinary proceedings at the high school, college, and graduate school levels at various universities. We have extensive experience defending students and faculty accused of sexual assault and harassment (Title IX), as well as individuals accused of academic integrity violations such as plagiarism and cheating.
- Probate Litigation / Estate Disputes. We work with administrators, executors, beneficiaries, and heirs to efficiently resolve disputes surrounding the settling of a loved one’s estate. Our services also include support for personal representatives as well as assistance in pursuing and defending against Will contests and Trust litigation .
- Domestic Relations / Family Law. We represent individuals in divorce and post-divorce matters, including property division, custody, support and modification issues.
Our knowledge of electronic discovery and evidence enables us to represent our clients aggressively and efficiently. As necessary, we consult with highly skilled experts and litigation support professionals with whom we have built long-term relationships. We work closely as a team with each other, our clients, and our experts and vendors to develop and implement legal strategies for achieving our clients’ goals.
Academic & Student Misconduct Defense
Domestic Relations / Family Law
Probate Litigation / Estate Disputes