Daniel K. Gelb is a partner at Gelb & Gelb LLP. He is a member of the bars of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit and the State of New York. He graduated from Tufts University (B.A. in English), Boston College Law School (J.D.) and Boston College Carroll Graduate School of Management (M.B.A.). Prior to joining Gelb & Gelb LLP, Mr. Gelb was an Assistant District Attorney with the Norfolk County District Attorney's Office in Massachusetts.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Gelb practices at the state and federal levels in the areas of general and white-collar criminal defense, complex civil litigation, arbitration, regulatory proceedings, and student misconduct defense.
Publications & Seminars
Mr. Gelb is a frequent speaker and author on criminal and civil trial practice and procedure. Mr. Gelb is the co-author of Massachusetts E-Discovery And Evidence: Preservation Through Trial (5th Ed.) published by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc., a contributing author of Ethical Lawyering in Massachusetts, and Massachusetts Superior Court Civil Practice Manual, all of which are published by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. Mr. Gelb is an Advisory Board member for Bloomberg BNA’s White Collar Crime Report, and has been published by the Fordham Law Review, American Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Magazine, NACDL’s The Champion, and the “Room for Debate” section of The New York Times website.
Mr. Gelb has presented at numerous legal conferences and seminars including Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education Inc., The Sedona Conference®, Fordham Law School’s Philip D. Reed Lecture Series, the Virginia State Bar’s Annual Indigent Criminal Defense Seminar, and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ White Collar Crime Conference. For the past several years, Mr. Gelb has been a volunteer faculty member for Harvard Law School’s Trial Advocacy Workshop.
Professional Recognition & Organizations
- AV Preeminent® peer review rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Louis D. Brandeis Fellow, Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, White Collar Crime Committee, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- First Circuit Vice-Chair, Amicus Committee, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys
- Member, Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Member, Litigation Counsel of America
- Member, Working Group on Electronic Document Retention & Production, The Sedona Conference®
- 2023 Best Lawyers
- 2021 Boston Magazine’s “Top Lawyers of 2021"
- 2013 - 2021 Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- 2016 “Top 100,” Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- 2016 “Top 100,” New England Super Lawyers
- 2015 “Top 100,” Massachusetts Super Lawyers
- 2012 “Up & Coming Lawyer,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly / Massachusetts Bar Association
- 2009 – 2012 “Rising Star,” Massachusetts Super Lawyers