Academic & Student Misconduct Defense in Massachusetts
Students or faculty charged with academic dishonesty and/or a criminal offense will likely face internal administrative disciplinary proceedings initiated by the academic institution to determine if the school's code of conduct has been violated, and if so, what sanction may be imposed. This is an extremely serious and trying process, which can negatively impact one’s academic and professional careers.
Below is among the various types of allegations against which we defend clients:
- Sexual harassment and assault investigations ("Title IX Investigations”)
- Allegations of domestic violence and threats
- Restraining orders and no trespass notices
- Plagiarism, cheating, and improper student collaboration
- Drug and alcohol offenses
- Bullying and hazing allegations
- Faculty professional fitness committee proceedings
- Allegations of misusing information technology
Gelb & Gelb LLP is available to vigorously defend students and faculty who are subject to disciplinary proceedings.
Please contact Daniel K. Gelb, Esquire at (877) 867-0034 to discuss Gelb & Gelb LLP’s Academic & Student Misconduct Defense practice.