Academic & Student Misconduct Defense
In addition to its criminal defense practice, GELB & GELB LLP defends students at the high school, college and graduate school levels alleged to have violated their academic institution's code of conduct.
A student charged with academic dishonesty and/or a criminal offense will likely face internal administrative disciplinary proceedings initiated by the academic institution to determine if the student violated the school's code of conduct, and if so, what sanction may be imposed. This is an extremely serious process, which can negatively impact a student's academic and professional careers.
Below are among the various types of allegations against which GELB & GELB LLP defends students:
- Sexual harassment and assault investigations ("Title IX" investigations)
- Allegations of domestic violence and threats
- Plagiarism, cheating, and improper student collaboration
- Drug and alcohol use, possession and distribution
- Bullying and Hazing allegations
- Faculty professional fitness reviews
- Breaking and Entering allegations
- Allegations of misusing information technology
Please contact Daniel K. Gelb, Esquire at
(617) 345-0010 and/or by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss GELB & GELB LLP's
Academic & Student Misconduct Defense practice.